DON’T PUT THE CREATION BEFORE THE CREATOR!
POSSIBLY YOU THINK OF IDOLS WHEN YOU HEAR IT BIBLICALLY, AS BEING MADE OUT OF WOOD, STONE, OR EVEN METAL.
Do we see the kind of idols that would not be recognizable to us on street corners in plain view. Or hung up as pictures in people’s houses? The idols of Babylon, for instance. The ancient Babylonians fashioned many idols for both public and private worship.
Would you bow down and pray to these bizarre objects? Really? No, of course not. But conceivably you are idolizing something that God will hold you accountable for.
The Devil is not stupid, and he is on this band wagon. I wrote this to inform you of the pitfalls Satan puts out there, and why. What keeps us alert and one step ahead is the Holy Spirit . Believe it.
Isa 46:6-7 MKJV They pour gold out of the bag, and weigh silver out of the measuring rod, and hire a goldsmith; and he makes it a god; they fall down, yea, they bow down.”
(7) They carry it on the shoulder, they carry it and set it in its place, and it stands; it shall not move from its place. Yes, one shall cry to it, yet it cannot answer, nor save him out of his trouble.”
Now, in modern times the idols are going to be different and diverse. We have come to rely on many technologies. “Oh, no! I forgot my phone, have to go back and get it, (so I can text while I drive…); Debbie, my computer doesn’t work, and the fax machine is down, not to mention the credit card merchant machine.” I have been Hacked!”
Now, I have to stop here, because this was part of my job, as a Controller. My boss found out I could fix mechanical things and guess what, they always break down. Do you have a computer in your car? Better get good Extra insurance from the dealer. I did.
As a young adult in the 80’s, we did not have these things, and we did okay without them, and I say that lightly, because we relied on self. Another idol.
With that said, contemporary idols are not necessarily made of stone, wood or metal. The Devil has grown up with our idols and uses them against us and we are not even aware of it, unless you can hear God through the Holy Spirit. And if we listen.
The idols of old were powerless, but today there is power in the new-fangled ones. Everyone points to money when they hear this. It is dangerous, but what’s more alarming is you forget about all of the other idols we have now.
What about looking to government for answers? You have to be kidding, right? It is so corrupt, our Lord has a plan and I can tell one reason we have Trump as our President:
Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel and has been since it became a state in 1948. The Jews flocked from all over the world to Israel. The land of “milk & honey.” However, throughout times past, the Israelites were scattered by God. They were not allowed home, God made sure of that, if you know your history. The land of Canaan remained desolate. They were at the mercy of their captors and where ever they lived. I lived in Philadelphia in the 60’s and heard words thrown at me like “kikes”; “Heb’s”; Ginsbergs”; and they were not friendly. So anti-Semitism was rampant.
Since Moses’ day, even after God gave them the ten commandments, the Israelites still took on idols from their neighbors. Jehovah did everything for them, because he was a real God, not like the things made out of the earth. Jeremiah even proved it in:
Jer 10:25 MKJV Pour out Your fury on the nations who do not know You, and on the families who do not call on Your name; for they have eaten up Jacob and have devoured him, and have destroyed him, and have made his dwelling desolate.”
Jer 10:21 MKJV For the pastors have become stupid, and have not sought Jehovah, therefore they shall not be blessed, and all their flocks shall be scattered.”
Have you ever wondered why they (the Israelites) strayed? I have one theory , my opinion, of course is keeping up with the “Joneses.” Not the traditional way, they were living so close to the pagans and wanted to be accepted, and then there is that wily creature. And having neighbors as pagans, who could be the sweetest people in the world, would be like; “running with the wrong crowd.”
So,the Israelites are scattered. My family is Prussian, my girlfriend’s family is from Egypt. Who knew? We now look back at the holocaust with shock. The more we learn, the more incredible it is. And it was aimed at Jacob’s children! I was told by a Jewish Christian that when the Israelites were taken to Babylon, it was worse than Hitler. Then there is Hitler. because of the communication age we live in, everyone knows about the holocaust. Why did God allow it? Because he said that He would.
Please take the time to read these scriptures, it could very well mean your everlasting future.
Jer 2:1-9 MKJV And the Word of Jehovah came to me, saying,”
(2) Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, So says Jehovah, I remember you, the kindness of your youth, the love of your betrothals, when you went after Me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.”
(3) Israel was holiness to Jehovah, and the first fruits of His increase. All that devour him shall offend; evil shall come on them, says Jehovah. “
(4) Hear the Word of Jehovah, O house of Jacob, and all the families of the house of Israel.”
(5) So says Jehovah, What injustice have your fathers found in Me, that they have gone far from Me and have walked after vanity, and have become vain?”
(6) Nor did they say, Where is Jehovah who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, who led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of dry places, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man lived?”
(7) And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat its fruit and its goodness; but when you entered, you defiled My land and made My inheritance an abomination.”
(8) The priests did not say, Where is Jehovah? And they who handle the Law did not know Me; the shepherds also rebelled against Me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things not profitable.”
(9) Therefore I will contend with you, says Jehovah, and with your son’s sons I will enter into judgment.”
Jer 2:10-31 MKJV For pass over the coasts of Kittim, and see; and send to Kedar, and carefully consider, and see if there is such a thing.”
(11) Has a nation changed their gods who are yet no gods? But My people have changed their Glory for that which does not profit.”
(12) Be amazed, O heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid; be completely desolated, says Jehovah.”
(13) For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, to hew out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.”
(14) Is Israel a servant? Or is he a servant of the house? Why has he become a prey?”
(15) The young lions roared against him; they gave their voice. And they made his land a waste; his cities are burned without inhabitant.”
(16) Also the sons of Noph and Tahapanes have fed on the crown of your head.”
(17) Have you not brought this on yourself, in that you have forsaken Jehovah your God, when He led you by the way? ”
(18) And now what is for you toward the way of Egypt, to drink the waters of Sihor? Or what for you toward Assyria, to drink the waters of the River?”
(19) Your own evil shall correct you, and your backsliding shall reprove you, therefore know and see that it is an evil and bitter thing that you have forsaken Jehovah your God, and that My fear is not in you, says the Lord Jehovah of Hosts.”
(20) For long ago you broke your yoke and tore up your bonds; and you said, I will not transgress, when on every high hill and under every green tree you lay down like a harlot.”
(21) Yet I planted you a noble vine, wholly a true seed. How then have you turned into the degenerate shoots of an alien vine to Me?”
(22) For though you wash yourself with potash, and multiply soap for yourself, yet your iniquity is marked before Me, says the Lord Jehovah.”
(23) How can you say, I am not defiled; I have not gone after the Baals? See your way in the valley, know what you have done! You are a swift camel crossing its ways;”
(24) a wild ass used to the wilderness; in the desire of her passion she snuffs at the wind; in her time who can turn her away? All those who seek her will not tire themselves; in her month they will find her.”
(25) Withhold your foot from being bare, and your throat from thirst. But you said, There is no hope; no; for I have loved strangers, and after them I will go.”
(26) As the thief is ashamed when he is found, so is the house of Israel ashamed; they, their kings, their rulers, and their priests, and their prophets;”
(27) saying to a tree, You are my father; and to a stone, You gave me birth. For they have turned their back to Me, and not their face; but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise and save us! “
(28) But where are your gods that you have made for yourselves? Let them arise, if they can save you in the time of your trouble; for according to the number of your cities are your gods, O Judah.”
(29) Why will you plead with Me? You all have sinned against Me, says Jehovah.”
(30) In vain I have stricken your sons; they received no correction. Your own sword has devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.”
(31) O generation, see the Word of Jehovah. Have I been a wilderness to Israel, or a land of darkness? Why do My people say, We roam freely; we will come no more to You?”
Do not Forget they killed their own Messiah.
Now back to President Trump; He is pushing for Israel’s capital to be Jerusalem. Amazing! Wasn’t that the covenant with Abraham? God does not lie. All covenants are in place, so the Jews, yes are back in their homeland, as promised. Regardless of the prevalence of modern-day idols.
Gen 17:1-2 MKJV And when Abram was ninety-nine years old, Jehovah appeared to Abram and said to him, I am the Almighty God! Walk before Me and be perfect.”
(2) And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
Now that I went around the block to show you how God really feels about modern idols. Do you get it? Are you any different from the Israelites? Let’s find out. Going on to psychotherapies which promote that “good” feeling from drugs, new age thoughts, and methods they use to deal with guilt and sin.
The relics of the past creep up on us today, in the form of harmless games like the Ouija board, tarot cards and crystals to tell fortunes. Equally disturbing is the amount of Christians that turn to horoscopes for guidance. The Devil is dancing. Do you think you will go unpunished? Well let’s see?
But you know this. Think of the Babylonians:
Isa 47:10-15 MKJV For you have trusted in your wickedness; you have said, No one sees me. Your wisdom and your knowledge, it has perverted you; and you have said in your heart, I am, and there is no one else.”
(11) But evil shall come on you; you shall not know its origin. And mischief shall fall on you; you shall not be able to put it off. And desolation shall come on you suddenly, you shall not know.”
(12) Stand now with your spells, and with the multitude of your sorceries, in which you have wearied yourself since your youth. Perhaps you will be able to profit; perhaps you may bring terror.”
(13) You are exhausted by your many plans; now let the astrologers stand up and save you, the star-gazers, making known what is coming on you into the new moons.”
(14) Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame; there shall not be a coal to warm them; nor fire, to sit before it.”
(15) So they are to you with whom you labored, your merchants from your youth. Each one wanders to his own way; none shall save you.”
Is there any reason that God will not pour just as much on idolaters today? He still hates idolatry.
Deu 7:25-26 MKJV You shall burn the graven images of their gods with fire. You shall not desire the silver or gold on them, nor take it for yourself, so that you may not be snared in it. For it is an abomination to Jehovah your God.”
(26) And you shall not bring an abomination into your house, lest you be a cursed thing like it. You shall utterly hate it, and you shall utterly despise it. For it is a cursed thing.”
The first and second commandments are still in force, “I am God and there is no other, I am God and there is none like me.”
Exo 20:3-5 MKJV You shall have no other gods before Me.”
(4) You shall not make to yourselves any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.”
(5) You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them. For I Jehovah your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation of those that hate me,”
Think about this; have you ever put your children, husband and/or family members before God? Something to think about? Does anyone know of any modern-day idols I didn’t hit on?